1. arm v. n. 武装起来， 武器（arms复数）(熟义：n.胳膊)I have armed myself with all the facts I needed to prove my point.我已经准备好充分的事实来证明我的观点。 2. alarm n. v. 恐慌(熟义：n.警报器)We were alarmed by a sudden scream. 3．absent adj.茫然的，恍惚的(熟义：adj.缺席的)She looked at the picture in an absent way. 4．address vt.发表演说(熟义：n.地址；v.写地址)The president will address his speech at 3：00 pm. 5．against prep.映衬(熟义：prep.逆着，反对；倚，靠；碰)The picture looks nice against the white wall. 6．attend v．看护；治疗；陪同(熟义：v.出席；参加)The nurse attended to him day and night. 7．available adj.(人)有空的(熟义：adj.可得到的；可找到的)The professor is now available. 8. break n. 课间/工间休息(熟义：v.折断，断裂)Let's have a break. 让我们休息一会儿。 9. bear vt. 忍受(熟义：n熊)I can't bear this pain. 我无法忍受这样的痛苦。 10. stand vt. 忍受(熟义：v.站)I can't stand being treated like this. 我受不了别人这么对我。 11．blank adj.没表情的；空虚的；没兴趣的(熟义：adj.空白的；n.空白)The stranger returned my greeting with a blank look. 12．blue adj.忧伤的(熟义：adj.& n．蓝色)His songs always make me feel blue.
13．cloudy adj.不明朗的，不清晰的(熟义：adj.阴的，多云的)Who will take his place still remains cloudy. 14. china n. 瓷器(熟义：n.中国)I will buy a set of china. 我要买一套瓷器。
15．coach v．辅导，指导(熟义：n.教练)She coached me in playing football. 16．count vt.有价值，重要(熟义：n.& v．计算，数)It is not how much you read but what you read that counts. 17．course n．一道菜(熟义：n.课程；过程)The courses vary with seasons. 18. cross adj.生气的 n.十字架(熟义：v.跨越，横穿；)It is not right for you to wear a cross.Don’t be cross with him—after all，he is a child. 19. can n. 罐头(熟义：aux..能够)This is a can of oranges.这是一罐头桔子。 20. clear vi. 天气转晴(熟义：adj.清晰)The sky will clear up this afternoon. 下午天将转晴。 21. cost vt. 使丧失(熟义：v.花费)The storm cost the king all his ships. 这场暴风雨使国王失掉了所有船只。 22. date vi. 始于或属于（某一历史时期）；n. 约会(熟义：n.日子）This tower dates from / back to the 14th century. 此塔历史可追溯到十四世纪。I will have a date with Jenny tonight. 今晚我与詹妮有约会。 23．desert v．抛弃，离弃(熟义：n.沙漠)He deserted his wife and children and went abroad. 24．develop v．冲印(熟义：v.发展；开发；研制)Did you have the films developed?
25．disabled adj.有障碍的，失去功能的(熟义：adj.有残疾的，无能力的)One more look and he noticed flames shooting out from under the disabled vehicle. 26．drive v．迫使某人(做不好的事)(熟义：v.驾驶)Hunger drove her to steal. 27．divorce v．使分离；使脱离(熟义：v.与某人离婚)You can’t divorce science from ethical questions.
28．draw v．获得，取得，推断出(熟义：v.画；拖；拉)What moral are we to draw from the story?
29．express n．快车(熟义：v.表达)Is there an express from Nanjing to Shanghai?
30．encourage v．促进，助长，刺激(熟义：vt.鼓励；激励)Good health encourages clear thinking. 31．escape v．被忘掉；被忽视(熟义：v.逃跑；逃脱)The name escapes me for the moment. 32．explode v．勃然大怒；大发雷霆(熟义：v.爆炸；爆裂)I’m about to explode！He broke his promise again. 33．exploit v．利用(熟义：v.开发；开采；剥削)You must exploit every opportunity to learn English. 34. fire vt. 解雇(熟义：v.开火，射击)Work hard or you will be fired. 努力工作，否则你将被解雇。
35. fine vt. 罚款(熟义：adj.好的)If you pay no attention to the red light and run across the street, you'll be fined.如果你对红灯不予理睬，强行过马路，你将被罚款。
36. fall n. 秋天(熟义：v.掉落)In fall all the leaves fall of themselves. 秋天所有树叶都会无风自落。
37．fail v．不足；缺乏(熟义：v.失败)Last year the rain failed and many crops died. 38．foreign adj.不熟悉的(熟义：adj.外国的；外交的)The subject is foreign to all of us. 39．fresh adj.无经验的(熟义：adj.新鲜的)She is quite fresh to the work. 40. flat n. 一套房间(熟义：adj.水平的，平坦的)I have a flat in this building. 我在这幢楼里有一套房间。
41. green adj. 青的，生的(熟义：n.绿色)These apples are still green, you can't pick them.这些苹果还未成熟，请别摘。 42. gift n. 天资，才能(熟义：n.礼物)He has a gift for music. 他有音乐天赋。 43. good n. 好处，利益(熟义：adj.好的)We study for the good of the people. 我们为人民利益而学习。
44．gain v．(钟表)快(熟义：v.获得；赢得)Don’t worry.My watch gains.We still have time. 45．ground n．理由(熟义：n.地面)He has strong grounds for more money. 46．govern vt.影响；支配(熟义：v.管理；控制)The law of supply and demand governs the prices of goods. 47. hold vt. 容纳，盛得下(熟义：v.抓住)Our classroom can hold 100 students. 我们的教室可容纳100个学生。 48．hit n．成功；红极一时的人或事(熟义：v.击中，打击)He is quite a hit of this year. 49. interest n. 利益(熟义：n.兴趣v.对。。。感兴趣)I criticize you for your interest. 我批评你是为了你好。
50. iron n. 熨斗(熟义：n.铁)She is pressing her dress with an iron. 他在用熨斗烫衣服。 51．ill adj.& adv.坏的/地(熟义：adj.生病的)It’s no good speaking ill of others.
52．interest n．利益；股份(熟义：n.兴趣)Our family has interests in the business.
53．invite v．吸引(熟义：v.邀请)Don’t leave the window open—it’s inviting thieves to enter.
54．inspire v．启发(熟义：v.激励；鼓舞)His best music was inspired by the memory of his mother.
55．jump n．& v．大幅度上涨(熟义：v.& n．跳跃)Last week the price of goods jumped.
56．kid v．开玩笑；欺骗(熟义：n.小孩)Take it easy.I’m just kidding.
57．kill v．消磨(时间)(熟义：v.杀掉；害死)That guy hangs around all day long，killing time.
61．last adj.最不可能的(熟义：adj.最后的)He is the last man I want to see.
62. must n. 必须做的事情(熟义：aux.必须)To learn English well is a must. 学好英语是非常必要的。
63. mine n. 矿山；vt. 开采（矿物）(熟义：pron.我的)This mine will be opened. 这个矿井将被开采。Coal is mined from underground. 煤采自地下。
64．mean adj.自私的，卑鄙的，吝啬的(熟义：v.意思是，意味着)It’s mean of you to eat up all the apples. 65．note v．注意，指出，特别提到(熟义：n.笔记)I noted that her hands were dirty. 66．open adj.(问题、议事等)未解决的(熟义：v.开；adj.开着的，打开的)They left the matter open.
67．operate vi.起作用(熟义：vi.运转；操作；做手术)The medicine operated quickly.
68．part v．分手；放弃；卖掉(熟义：n.部分；零件；角色)In order to raise money，he had to part with some of his most treasured possessions.
69．pleasant adj.和蔼可亲的，友善的(熟义：adj.令人愉快的)He’s always been very pleasant to me.
70. promise vt. 有希望(熟义：n.承诺，保证)He promises to be a scientist. 他有希望成为科学家。
71．position n．立场；观点(熟义：n.位置；职位)What’s your position on the problem?
72．promise v．有……的希望；使……有可能(熟义：v.& n．许诺)The dark clouds promise rain.
73．rate v．对……作出评价；被认为，被评价为(熟义：n.比率；速度)These potatoes rate among the best.
74．read v．理解；领会(熟义：v.阅读)I didn’t read mother’s thoughts at that time.
75. race n. 种族，人种(熟义：n.赛跑，比赛)They are black races. 他们是黑色人种。
76. run vt. 经营，开办；操作(熟义：v.跑)He runs a famous school. 他开办着一所著名学校。He is running a machine. 他正在操作一台机器。
77. reflect v．沉思；思考(on/upon)(熟义：v.映出；反射)I need time to reflect on your offer.
78. safe adj.谨慎的；小心的(熟义：adj.安全的)He is a safe man.You can count on him.
79．say vt.假定；显示；表明(熟义：vt.说)Say that war breaks out，what will you do?
80．shoulder v．承担(熟义：n.肩膀)Young people should learn to shoulder the blame.
81. spring v．跳，跃；突然出现(熟义：n.春天；泉水)The spring has run dry. 这眼泉干涸了。This is a dead spring. 这弹簧失去了弹性。He rose with a spring. 他一跃而起。The ball sprang back and hit him. 球弹回打在他身上。Fast food restaurants are springing up all over the city. 82. seat vt. 可容纳……，坐得下……人(熟义：n.座位)Our hall can seat 1 000 people. 我们的大厅可容纳1000人。
83. second n. 秒(熟义：num.第二)A minute is equal to sixty seconds. 一分钟等于60秒。
84. some adv. 大约(熟义：pron.一些)
There are some fifty students in our class. 我们班大约有五十个学生。 85. sound vt. 使发出声音If there is a fire, please sound the fire alarm. 如果发生火灾，请按火警。
86．strength n．强项，优点，优势(熟义：n.力气)Maths is not my strength.
87. table n. 表格(熟义：n.桌子)This is a railway timetable. 这是一张火车时刻表。
88. tear vt. 撕(熟义：n.眼泪)He tore the letter open. 他将信撕开了。
89. word n. 消息，情报(熟义：n.字，单词)Word comes that there will be a film this evening. 有消息说，今晚将有一场电影。
90. world n. ……界/领域(熟义：n.世界)He is very popular in the world of music. 他在音乐界颇受欢迎。
91．walk n．行业(熟义：v.& n．行走；步行)This society welcomes people from all walks of life.
92．wear vt.表露，流露，面带(熟义：vt.穿戴)The girl always wears a happy smile.
93．weigh v．权衡；斟酌(熟义：v.称……的重量；重达)Please weigh the advantages and disadvantages of doing this！
94. wind vt. 使弯曲前进 vi. 迂回，蜿蜒(熟义：n.风)The Great Wall of China winds its way from west to east.长城自西向东蜿蜒前进。
95. way n. 领域，场合(熟义：n.方法，路)Science can help peasants in many ways. 科学可在很多领域对农民们有帮助。
96. will n. 意志，决心(熟义：aux.将。。。 n. 遗愿，意志力)He has a strong will. 他有坚强的意志。
2 高考前必看的70个短语&50个金句1. In conclusion, people around the world should protect the water resources.总之，全世界的人都应当保护水资源。in conclusion总之2. Our class came up with the idea to make better use of used materials.我们班的同学提出了这一想法，以更好利用废旧材料。come up with提出；make (good) use of (充分) 利用3. Last but not least, we should make good use of water in our daily life.最后但同样重要的是，我们日常生活中应该充分利用水。last but not least最后但同样重要的是4. As far as I'm concerned, riding bicycles is a good solution to air pollution. 就我个人而言，骑自行车是一个解决空气污染的好办法。as far as … be concerned就……而言；关于；solution to …… 的解决办法5. Littering makes our school dirty, and does harm to the image of our school.乱扔垃圾使我们的学校脏乱，并且有损学校的形象。do harm to / do ... harm伤害；对……有害6. Immediate actions should be taken to improve the environment. 应当立即采取行动来改善环境。take immediate actions立即采取行动；7. Online voting becomes increasingly popular, and many competitions get people involved in it.在线投票越来越盛行，很多比赛都让人们参与进来投票。increasingly popular 越来越流行；be / get involved (in / with)参与8. Chinese knots stand for friendship, love and good luck.中国结象征友谊、爱情和好运。stand for象征9. In addition to reading for knowledge, we read for fun and inspiration. 我们读书除了为获取知识外， 还可以得到乐趣和灵感。in addition to除……之外 (还)10. For one thing, reading literary books can help to improve my writing skills and broaden my horizons. For another, they can enrich my life.首先，阅读文学书籍有助于提高我的写作技能并开阔视野。再者，还能丰富我的生活。for one thing …, for another (thing) …首先……，再者……11. This time I will introduce Tang Poetry to you, which is of great help in learning Chinese.这次我要向你介绍唐诗，它对学习汉语有很大帮助。introduce sb / sth to sb向某人介绍某人 / 某事物；(be) of great help很有帮助的12. Of the two ways of sharing books, the latter wins my favour.这两种分享书籍的方法之中，我更喜欢后者。13. Generally, I am in favour of the view.总的来说，我赞成这个看法。in favour of 赞同；支持14. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.如果你有任何问题，随时问我。hesitate to do sth犹豫做某事15. I'm writing to apply for the position as a student volunteer. 我写信申请作学生志愿者。apply for申请16. Life consists of not only sunshine but also storms. 生活不仅有阳光，还有风雨。consist of由……构成；由……组成 not only....but also...17. We should be brave in front of difficulties.我们应该勇敢面对困难。in front (of)在 (……) 前面；在 (……) 面前18. We should value what we have and try our best to overcome any difficulty in life. 我们应该珍惜我们所拥有的，并尽最大努力克服生活中的困难。value 重视；珍视；do / try one’s best 尽力；overcome difficulties克服困难19. As long as you have a dream, keep trying and you'll make it.只要你有梦想，不断努力就一定会成功。as long as只要；make it 做到 / 成功20. Faced with difficulties, they never give up but try their best to find a way out. 碰到困难时，他们从不放弃，而是努力寻找解决的办法。(be) faced with面临 / 面对；give up 放弃；try one’s best to do sth尽力做某事21. I was totally engaged in my study and seldom paid attention to my mother's feelings.我完全投入到学习中，很少关注母亲的感受。be engaged in sth 忙于某事；pay attention to 注意22. I'm easy to get along with and I like to make friends.我容易相处并且喜欢交朋友。get along with与……相处融洽23. Being an active young person, I like sports and outdoor activities. 作为一个活跃的年轻人，我喜欢体育运动和户外活动。an outdoor activity一项户外活动24. Some of us always take it for granted (that) our parents or grandparents should take care of us.我们中的有些人总是理所当然地认为，父母或者祖父母应该照顾我们。take ... for granted (that)认为……理所当然25. If it's convenient for you, let's meet at 8:30 outside the school gate. 如果你方便的话，我们8点半在学校门口碰面吧。It is convenient (for sb) to do sth (某人) 方便做某事26. I can do my bit to help with the housework so as to share mother's daily burden.我尽自己的一点力来帮忙做家务，以分担妈妈的日常负担。do one’s bit 尽自己的本分；so as to 为了27. As Teachers' Day is approaching, our class decide to hold a party to celebrate the important day.教师节日益临近，我们班决定举行聚会来庆祝这个重要的节日。28. On behalf of our school, I would like to express our warm welcome to you.我代表我校，向您表示热烈的欢迎。on behalf of代表；express welcome to sb对某人表示欢迎29. We should take an active part in sports and outdoor activities frequently.我们应该经常积极参加体育运动和户外活动。take an active part in 积极参与30. The activity got us close to nature and gave us relaxation from heavy school work. 这次活动让我们走近了大自然，使我们从繁重的课业中解脱出来。get close to接近31. Outdoor activities are really helpful in building up my body and enriching my school life. 户外活动确实对我增强体质和丰富学校生活有益。be helpful in doing sth对做某事有帮助32. Besides building my body and enriching my knowledge, after-class activities also free me from the heavy work of study.除了强身健体和丰富知识之外，课后活动也让我从繁重的学业中解脱出来。enrich 丰富；free sb from使某人摆脱33. I read the announcement of the summer camp that you have posted on the Internet and I am interested in it. 阅读了你们在网上发布的夏令营布告，对此我很感兴趣。post张贴 / 发布；be interested in对……感兴趣34. In a word,good listening can show respect, promote understanding, and improve interpersonal relationship and can really enable us to get closer to each other.总之，认真倾听可以表示尊重，增进理解，并改善人际关系,确实能使我们拉近彼此的距离。promote促进；improve改善in a word总之；enable sb / sth to do sth 使某人 / 某事物做某事； get close to 接近35. It is greatly important to try to keep a good relationship with other classmates.努力和其他同学保持良好关系非常重要。It is important to do sth做某事很重要；keep a good relationship with与……保持良好的关系36. It is a good opportunity for the only child like me to learn to share and work together. 这是一个像我这样的独生子女学习分享和共同协作的好机会。an opportunity to do sth做某事的机会37. While climbing the mountain, we enjoyed the warm sunshine and a beautiful view.爬山时，我们沐浴着温暖的阳光，欣赏着美丽的风景。38. With the Spring Festival drawing near, people will hold all varieties of activities.随着春节的临近，人们将举办丰富多彩的庆祝活动。draw near接近 / 靠近；a variety / varieties of各式各样的39. What's worse, some drivers do not think it vital to obey traffic rules. 更糟糕的是，一些司机不认为遵守交通规则是极为重要的。what’s worse 更糟糕的是；think it vital to do sth 认为做某事至关重要40. Traffic issues not only affect our everyday life, but may also threaten people's lives.交通问题不仅影响我们的日常生活，而且可能危及到人的生命。not only … but also 不仅……而且……；issue问题41. With the help of my parents and teachers, I have made great progress in my study. 在家长和老师们的帮助下，我在学习上已经取得了很大进步。with the help of...在...某人的帮助下；make progress取得进步42. He inspires me to major in English in college to be a bridge between China and the world. 他鼓励我在大学主修英语，成为中国和世界之间的桥梁。inspire sb to do sth 鼓励 / 激励某人做某事；major in 主修43. I have such a good command of English that I am elected as an assistant to my English teacher.我英语学得很好，因此被选为英语老师的助手。have a good command of精通；such … that如此以至于；be elected as 被选为44. Helen has set an excellent example to all of us.海伦为我们大家树立了好榜样。set an example to sb给某人树立榜样45. My deskmate admires my fluent English very much and I usually feel encouraged by his compliments.我同桌非常欣赏我流利的英语，他的称赞也经常使我很受鼓舞。fluent English流利的英语；46. Spare no effort to acquire knowledge and never get discouraged easily.要不遗余力地获取知识，决不轻易灰心。spare no effort to do sth 不遗余力地做某事；acquire knowledge 获取知识；47. I decided on science as my main subject of study. The reasons are as follows.我决定主修理科，理由如下。as follows如下48. High school students are faced with a choice between arts and science.高中生面临着选文科还是选理科的问题。be faced with 面临49. I've been learning English for 10 years, and I can speak fluent English. 我学习英语已经10年了，能说一口流利的英语。50. I would appreciate it if you could take my proposal into consideration.如果您能考虑我的建议，我将不胜感激。We would appreciate it if you could reply at your earliest convenience.如果您能尽早回复，我们将不胜感激。I'd appreciate it if …如果……我将不胜感激；take sth into consideration 考虑到某事；顾及某事at your earliest convenience 尽早；尽快